Jim Berlin CircleJim Berlin’s “Thought For The Day” (TFTD)

We update this page daily with miscellaneous quotes, comments and musings from Jim Berlin, the founder and CEO of Logistics Plus. These daily thoughts illustrate Jim’s passion for excellence and touch on everything from business and politics to logistics and life. If you’d like to receive Jim’s “Thoughts For The Day” in an email message every day, just enter your email address in the “Subscribe to our website updates” field on this page and we’ll add you to our subscription list (you’ll also receive our periodic News & Notes website updates).

Page 1 of 3512345...102030...Last »
Black Coffee

Black Coffee

October 20, 2017

(Thanks to Frank Humes for today’s thought – JB)

Lou Holtz table

Difficult Task

October 19, 2017

“When a difficult task comes your way, accept the challenge joyfully. Once it is finished, plead for more. Every sacrifice you make builds character. People with average skills often obtain greatness because they are willing to pay a price for it. You might not be able to out-think, out-market, or out-spend your competition, but you… Read more »

Run-Through-The-Tape

Run Through The Tape

October 18, 2017

“Run THROUGH (not to) the tape.”

Let-it-go

Let It Go

October 17, 2017

“Face it. Accept it. Deal with it. Let it go.”

Union-Station-2000-vs-2017

Union Station 2000 vs 2017

October 16, 2017

P R O G R E S S 🙂 And now the new LP/Wework Global Control Tower will FINALLY (90 years after it was built) complete the place.  Onward!!!

Old Union Station 1920s

Erie’s Historic Union Station

Just FYI, this Pretty cool! Some info and photos of Erie’s historic Union Station via ERIE’S HISTORY AND MEMORABILIA blog by Joseph Wykoff  at https://historyandmemorabilia.blogspot.com/2017/10/union-train-station.html … and some cool pictures on Google here: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipO0gDaYpNXsq8crnjWbYUY4Uzip45ao4diPNvbGgNCneuKnFpQDTor6WXfAC9yaBg?key=N2pnWnJwTW9HQVVxYXJLWWdMMXlXZFY0Mi1JWGR3 (BTW, we’ll be celebrating the current Union Station’s 90th anniversary this December – stay tuned!)  

Growing Pains

“Growing pains—better than dying pains.”

BusinessMagazine-CoverOct2017

Problems

October 13, 2017

“Don’t tell people about your problems. 90% of people don’t care. The other 10% are glad you have them.” —Lou Holtz

BusinessMagazine-CoverOct2017

Lou Holtz

October 12, 2017

“Never promise more than you can deliver. Always deliver more than you promised.” —Lou Holtz Keynote speaker at the 112th MBA Annual Event

Crystal-Ball

The Future

October 11, 2017

“Always remember that the future comes one day at a time.” —Dean Acheson

Discovery

Discovery

October 10, 2017

“When you are face to face with a difficulty, you are up against a discovery.” —William Thomson

Easy Solution

Easy Solution

October 9, 2017

(Thanks to Sarah Dopsovic for today’s Thought – JB)

Jose-Altuve

Jose Altuve

October 6, 2017

Jose Altuve, who is 5’ 6” and weighs about 164 pounds, hit THREE home runs yesterday for the Houston Astros in the first game of the American League Division Series.

WeWork-Cover

Cool Company

October 5, 2017

What a cool, cool company (And at least we’ve got the crazy part covered 😀) https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevenbertoni/2017/10/02/the-way-we-work/ Jim Berlin, CEO, Logistics Plus

Power

Power

(Thanks to Julie Moore for today’s thought – JB)

Mr Rogers

Helpers

October 4, 2017
Mandalay-Bay

What the …

October 3, 2017

“What the hell is going on, people?” —Lebron James on the Las Vegas shooting

Big-Problem

Big Problems

October 2, 2017

“Solving big problems is easier than solving little problems.” —Sergey Brin

ThoughtForTheDay

Worry

September 29, 2017

“Worry gives a small thing a big shadow.” —Swedish Proverb (Thanks to Lee Anne Kennedy for today’s thought – JB)

Stopwatch

Quick

September 28, 2017

“Be quick, but never hurry.” —John Wooden

Page 1 of 3512345...102030...Last »