FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Logistics Plus Expands Presence in East Africa
New facilities in Kenya, Uganda, and South Sudan will now fly the Logistics Plus banner
ERIE, Pa. (November 1, 2016) – Logistics Plus Inc., a leading worldwide provider of transportation, logistics and supply chain solutions, is proud to announce it has an expanded presence in East Africa with four new locations in Nairobi and Mombasa, Kenya; Kampala, Uganda; and Juba, South Sudan. The expansion will allow the Company to provide additional logistics and warehousing solutions in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, and throughout the entire East Africa corridor, including Burundi, Tanzania, Somalia, and eastern DRC (Democratic Republic of Congo).
Highlighted capabilities include:
- Largest fleet of 1,300 trucks in East Africa, all fitted with tracking devices for real-time positioning.
- Customs Clearance licenses in all countries.
- 90,000 square feet of warehousing space in Nairobi.
- 79-acre Inland Container Depot (ICD) adjacent to the Mombasa port – the only ICD with direct road and gate access to the port.
- 70,000 cubic meters (2.4 million cubic feet) of bonded and general warehousing space in Mombasa.
- 8,000 twenty-foot equivalents (TEUs) of storage area at the Mombasa port at any point in time.
- Licenses to operate its own airplanes.
- 15-acres of bonded and general warehousing space in Kampala.
- ICD at Kampala can accommodate 4,000 TEUs at any point in time.
- 300-acre facility in Special Economic Zone in Juba with its own transportation yard and Container Freight Station (CFS).
“These expanded capabilities in East Africa provide a nice complement to our already extensive presence in northern Africa and the Middle East,” said Jim Berlin, founder and CEO of Logistics Plus. “The East Africa Community is an integral part of the African economy. Lim Siew Hua, our director of operations and business development for the Middle East and Africa, and her entire team, have been doing a great job representing and expanding the Logistics Plus banner and our trademark services to these important and developing areas of the world.”
About Logistics Plus Inc.
Logistics Plus Inc. provides freight transportation, warehousing, global logistics, and supply chain management solutions through a worldwide network of talented and caring professionals. Founded in Erie, PA by local entrepreneur, Jim Berlin, 20 years ago, Logistics Plus is a fast-growing and award-winning transportation and logistics company. With a strong passion for excellence, its 400+ employees put the “Plus” in logistics by doing the big things properly, and the countless little things, that together ensure complete customer satisfaction and success.
The Logistics Plus® network includes offices located in Erie, PA; Alma, AR; Little Rock, AR; Los Angeles, CA; Riverside, CA; San Francisco, CA; Visalia, CA; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Detroit, MI; Kansas City, MO; Charlotte, NC; Lexington, NC; Buffalo, NY; Cleveland, OH; Charleston, SC; Greenville, SC; Nashville, TN; Dallas, TX; Fort Worth, TX; Houston, TX; Laredo, TX; Madison, WI; Bahrain; Belgium; Canada; Chile; China; Colombia; Egypt; France; Germany; India; Indonesia; Kazakhstan; Kenya; Libya; Mexico; Poland; Saudi Arabia; South Sudan; Turkey; UAE; and Uganda; with additional agents around the world. For more information, visit www.logisticsplus.net or follow @LogisticsPlus on Twitter.
Scott G. Frederick
Vice President, Marketing
Logistics Plus Inc.