Logistics Plus recently announced that it has been certified as a Great Place to Work® (#GPTW) for a second consecutive year. The GPTW certification process includes two key inputs:
- An anonymous, online “Trust Index© Survey” that was sent to all of the company’s U.S.-based employees; and
- A comprehensive “Culture Brief” that provides a more qualitative overview of the company’s benefits, perquisites and workplace environment.
Over two-thirds of Logistics Plus employees responded to the online survey, which is requisite for certification. Here are some additional scores from the employee surveys (many of which rated higher than the 2018 top 150 best-in-class small & medium workplaces):
- 100% say this is a great place to work.
- 100% said I’m proud to tell others I work here.
- 100% say when you join the company, you are made to feel welcome.
- 99% say our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
- 99% say I am treated as a full member here regardless of my position.
- 99% say our customers would rate the service we deliver as “excellent.”
- 98% say management delivers on its promises.
- 96% say we celebrate people who try new and better ways to doing things, regardless of the outcome.
- 95% say my work has special meaning: this is not “just a job.”
With 260 employees based in the United States, Logistics Plus is considered a “medium-sized” company. When looking at the complete database of Great Place to Work® certified companies, here is how Logistics Plus compares:
- Logistics Plus is 1 of only 7 medium-sized transportation companies with GPTW certification (and 1 of only 26 companies of all sizes)
- Logistics Plus is the only Pennsylvania-based medium-sized transportation company with GPTW certification (and 1 of only 2 companies of all sizes)
- Logistics Plus is 1 of only 20 Pennsylvania-based medium-sized companies across all industries with GPTW certification (and 1 of only 55 companies of all sizes)
- Logistics Plus is 1 of only 2 Erie, PA-based companies across all industries with GPTW certification (Erie Indemnity Company is the other)
Scott Frederick, vp of marketing, and Jim Berlin, founder and CEO, provided some additional comments to WP$E AM 1450/FM 107.1 radio to as part of its WP$E Partners for Business™ interview series. You can listen to some of their comments below.