Thanks to the loyalty and support of our great customers, Logistics Plus is proud to give back to the communities in which we reside.
We are particularly proud of the work our CEO and founder, Jim Berlin, has done to improve and vitalize downtown Erie, Pennsylvania – home to our global headquarters. Here are just some of our community projects and charities:
- Investments in downtown Erie, PA revitalization, including the continued revitalization of historic Union Station, the purchase of the historic Skinner Engine building last year, as well as murals and paintings in and around downtown Erie, PA welcoming visitors and encouraging further economic development. (point to picture collage)
- Local internship program that has provided valuable experience for nearly a hundred local college students and created many unique, post-graduation career opportunities – including dozens of them here at Logistics Plus.
- Annual contributions to United Way, with additional gift-giving by Logistics Plus employees through automatic payroll deductions.
- Charitable support of the March of Dimes, including sponsorships at local fund-raising events.
- Leading fund-raising efforts for the American Heart Association leading up to, and including, its annual Heart Walk event.
- Corporate sponsorship of the Walk MS: Erie event in support of The National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
- Annual sponsorship and participation at regional Make A Wish Foundation
- Support for the Barber National Institute and its pursuit to making dreams come true with community-based services for individuals with disabilities.
- Annual support of the Grady’s Decision charity, a non-profit organization that was created to present help families experiencing premature births as well as those families with children needing specialized medical attention.
- Underwriting support of WQLN – Public Broadcasting of Northwest Pennsylvania, Inc.
- Our Erie employees regularly donate blood to the Community Blood Bank of Northwest Pennsylvania & Western New York
- Supporter of the Gaudenzia (Addiction Treatment & Recovery) organization through sponsorship of its “Over the Edge for Recovery” event
- Volunteer for the Greater Erie Area Habitat for Humanity “CEO Build Day”
- Employees participate in charity of the week prize raffles at our Global Headquarters every Friday, raising thousands of dollars for special local charities.
- Numerous other local donations and support of memorial funds, fund-raising events, community gifts, and family help as identified by Logistics Plus friends and family.